Friday, September 19, 2008

Continuation of story........

Since August 22, 2005 life seemed to not exist for me. I had a very hard struggle getting back into the swing of things. I couldn't go into her room because everything screamed of her. The morning she left I took her pjs that she had on the night before and gently laid them in her crib. I couldn't bear to wash them and lose her smell. I closed the door to her room and stayed out unless I wanted to venture in and hold her pjs and smell them. I don't remember how long I did this because that time seems like a blur to me. It all runs together. Richard and I were so devastated over it that we considered letting our foster parent license run out and not put ourselves that kind of trauma again. During those months I perodically visited Gianna at her parents trailer, but found it to be a very stressful on me and her. So January of 2006 was the last time I visited the trailer. Her mother did ask me to come down one time to watch her so she could go to the doctor. After I stopped going I would be on the lookout for her when I was in Washington or watched for her picture in the paper. Her mother would take her to the local newspaper during Halloween, Christmas and Easter to have her picture taken and then it would be in the paper. I did see a few of those.
During that time we did have a few placements in our home, but I just wasn't feeling the desire to foster so we didn't have them long.
Then the surprise of our lives came on February 16, 2007....................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am still waiting to hear the rest of the story!! LOL